Well in today’s world there are numerous headphones with quality sound as then their prices are also very high but consider yourself lucky if you have bought the good quality headphones with low price.
Most of the headphones are there in the market which mostly have single jack as some personal computers come up with two ports separately for audio and mic.
People get bothered if they have to use splitters for connecting one jack headphone to a double port computer. But some individuals don’t like using splitters. Splitter is a device or we can say a Y-adapter, both used for same purpose to of splitting cable signals.
You can use your headset with a single jack on your PC or your Mac book without a splitter by just following some few instructions given below and by changing some settings in your device.
Connecting of a Single Jack Headset on a PC
For instance, if you don’t have a y-adapter or a splitter to connect to your old-designed PC with a single jack all you need is to add up some additional settings into your control panel, just follow the following steps.
- At the bottom of the laptop screen there is a start button, go to Start and get to the control panel.
- There is an option of sound select it.
- Then you need to click on the recording tab.
- There you saw a list of devices which are connected to your system for sound.
- Then select the connected device and make it default.
- As you can also select the “Set-Up Microphone” for letting the computer search for the connected device.
- You are almost done just apply the changes.
Connecting of a Single Jack Headset on a MAC OS
In Mac book the settings are quite different for users, just follow the steps given below to connect a single jack headset on a mac book;
- In the finder just search for sounds setting directly.
- Select the Volume icon alternatively.
- Click on the sound preferences.
- Go inside the input tab from the pop-ups on your screen.
- You will find the connected device over there.
- Make that default and you are DONE!
Although, after trying all the methods mentioned above still if you are not able to use your headphones with a single jack then just think wisely and get a splitter. As splitters are not that costly, and it will not much affect the sound quality of anything which you are listening to.